Thursday, July 1, 2010

Humble Beginnings

This is my very first blog and it has taken me nearly all day to get this going. I am not the most computer literate person, and I definately have alot to learn in the world of blogging. So here is my very humble beginning. I am hoping to add and change things as I learn.

So, you may ask why I would even want to create a blog. The answer to that question is, "Why not"!!! I wanted an easy way (besides facebook) to keep my family and friends abreast of our travels, thoughts, and photos. This seemed like a great idea since we are soon to PCS (army lingo for "move") to Grafenwoehr, Germany. I also wanted a place that we could sort of "record" or journal our life as well as just ramble when needed about daily happenings and such. While I am not the best writer in the world, Blogging seemed the most appropriate and fun route.

I would like to see this grow to the point that my children can also blog on occasion. I think that it would provide a fun and creative way to get them to practice writing. I think that I could put links to their blogs on my page. I will first have to learn how to do that though.

So, I have spent several hours just on the design of my page and am open to any nice suggestions for improvement that you may have.

5 comments:

Lost in FWA said...

I'm thinking this will work just fine! I haven't had any problems with mine set up this way. For those of you who have never done this (and you don't have a google account)and want to leave a comment, choose the Name/URL and put your name in the space provided and leave the URL blank. Your name will then appear as: John Doe said.... and then what you typed will be below it!


Heather, I love to blog, though I have neglected it quite a bit since joining FB! But it is definitely a great way to record your families happenings and to share pics. I plan to print my posts at some point and put them in an album like a journal that our girls can read through years later! I think this will be great with you all moving to Germany for a spell!

Blogspot can be tricky to use, but I didn't know anything about it before we started ours and just learned by trial and error and google! ha! Can definitely get frustrating at times so feel free to e-mail me if you need help with something. Happy blogging! =) (If you click on my title above my comment, it will take you to our blog)

armywife4life said...

Thanks so much Laura...like you, I get busy...so I hope that I can keep up with this like I really want. I am sure that I will be hitting you up with lots of questions.

Belinda Enyart said...

Heather,
I think this is a wonderful idea. i love to read blogs even though I don't write one myself. I look forward to reading and seeing pictures of your adventures in Germany! Love your page design too. So fitting and I see you added the deployment countdown ticker. My mind is swirling as yours must be too wondering where are they now? Congrats on your new "Humble Beginnings". See you soon and I hope my comment posts!

Belinda Enyart said...

ps....now how do we link to follow and get your updates???

Anonymous said...

I think this is amazing Heather. I beleive that you have an adventerous life and I am very happy for you and your family. I work at the VA in Johnson City and I am proud to take care of the veterens that serve our country. I hate to see people disrespect the freedom that our veterans have worked and suffered for. I bet if these people could not ride around in there cars and dress the way they want to and were told every move to make they may learn to appreciate what they have, the freesom to be thierselves.
Tonya Kinley